My favorite reason to come into work each morning (in addition to seeing my beautiful coworkers, of course!) is seeing if we received any new inventory! The act of cutting open the box and discovering the magical contents within feels a lot like Christmas morning, but instead of receiving Barbies and iTunes gift cards, we get Prairie Underground hoodies and more! As the store is transitioning into fall, I wanted to share the top five items currently on my wish list!
1. Sanctuary Jacket. I’ve seen so many variations of the military inspired jacket, but I have to say I love Sanctuary Clothing’s version the best! It has so many unique details that make it stand apart from the rest. The cute half zipper is my favorite part! Being a girl who doesn’t carry a purse, I go crazy over pockets, so I love the leather trim that draws attention to them. In addition to stylish detailing, it’s refreshing to see a jacket that is designed to be oversized. There’s nothing more comfortable than snuggling into your favorite jacket on a cold and rainy Sunday morning!
2. BB Dakota Sweater. (This pick is available in store, but not online…yet!) I’ve never put too much faith in the zodiac signs, but I’m a Leo and I definitely love clothes that draw attention! This metallic sweater is just plain fabulous. I usually stray away from metallic pieces because the fabric is often scratchy or stiff, but this knit feels so soft. The cut is a bit cropped so it allows for endless layering opportunities!
3. Prairie Underground Leggings. Each fall, my closet is dominated by one color: cranberry. It is my go-to holiday color and Thanksgiving just wouldn’t be the same without it! However, I think I might have to change things up this year because I’ve fallen in love with the color of these leggings! Green usually feels too Spring-y to me to wear in autumn, but these have permanently altered my perspective. Not to mention, the fit is incredible! They’re unbelievably comfortable while still holding in any areas that may not have slimmed down since last year’s holiday splurging (don’t lie, we all do it!). Tunics are in the fashion forecast for fall and these guys are perfect for wearing underneath. So versatile!
4. Yosi Samra Flats. The Yosi flats are famously comfortable, but I like my footwear to make a statement. While our other styles are great basics, I was waiting for a more glamorous look and the wait finally paid off! We just received a handful of new Yosi flats in amazing styles great for fall. My favorite is the navy flat with the metallic pewter toe! The color is so saturated and gorgeous. If you couldn’t tell, I’m having so many color revelations this season!
5. Velvet Top. I love this piece because I can easily see myself wearing it in autumn with boots or in early spring with cute flats. Animal prints never go out of fashion and, even though this pattern is pretty bold, it is easy to style. My favorite feature of this sweater is how soft it feels! Every time I walk past it in the store, I can’t stop myself from touching it.
I think I’ll have to treat myself to a few of these items as a going-away present when I leave for Denver. I’ll definitely miss spending my mornings gabbing with the girls, but I think I’ll miss trying on all the new product even more!