Hey guys! Mern the intern here giving you another Links we Love post. As much as I loved this summer full of fun, friends, and fashion i’m accepting the fact that it’s coming to an end. With the change of season I decided to reorganize, rearrange, and redesign my room and studio space. I wanted to combine my love of crafting and art with a clean and simplistic space that, together, inspires mine and my guests’ imagination. So, what’s better than surfing the interweb for all kinds of interior design inspiration? Sharing it, of course!
1) Mop Art. I love the idea of taking everyday objects that are typically discarded and, instead, giving them new life with an artistic twist. Here’s a great example of what I mean: your looking at mops dyed and turned into textile art! I am already figuring out how to do a few versions of my own!
2) Desire to Inspire. Aptly named, this link is stacked with amazing photos of super stylish rooms that spark all kinds of inspiration.
3) Dress your Bedpost. Made & State is a very unique blog full of upscale design inspiration that is still approachable. Its an online journal of modern, American-made design. This post in particular is focused on small room modifications to brighten up your most intimate space.
4) Embroidery Beauty. Pattern bank is a wonderful window of imagination. This post specifically highlights the work of Yumiko Arimoto. I loved the colors she used in her embroidery. This could totally be done for your pillows, curtains or bedding so long as you have basic embroidery supplies.
5) Houseplants you need. I stumbled upon this list of interesting indoor plants, and I’ve already started my own little collection. In my opinion, plants are the most important detail to bring life (literally) to a room. Check the link to get the deets on the best houseplants to get right now.
I hope you enjoyed my daily dose of web-scrolling for interior design inspiration. Now, I have to get going on all these projects!
Check out more Links we Love.