It’s Fat Tuesday which means it’s time to get the party going! So, if you’re like us and unable to make the trip to New Orleans, we got five cocktail recipes that are sure to bring the fun and spirit of the big Easy and Mardi Gras to you! But as always, proceed the partying with caution, cause they are potently delicious!
1. French 75- If you’re anything like me and enjoy the bubbly goodness that is Champagne than the French 75 is sure to please! Combine lemon juice, simple syrup, Gin or Cognac and, the pièce de résistance, Champagne for a fun, fizzy drink that will go perfectly with a slice of tasty king cake this Fat Tuesday.
2. Burbon Street Blackberry Brut- All those fruity drink enthusiasts out there are going to love this blackberry concoction, while also receiving a big of a kick in the pants! With Camaren Silver Tequila, brut Champagne, fresh blackberries, agave nectar and lemon juice, the Burbon Street Blackberry Brut is equal parts fancy bubbles, refreshing fruitiness and puckery kick. Yummm.
3. Lava Lamps- When celebrating something as fun as Mardi Gras one think you always have to have is Jell-O shots! Like, hello, who doesn’t love the deliciousness of Jell-O? It’s just so fun, and these Lava Lamps are a great novelty drink to include at any Fat Tuesday party. All you need is red or blue instant Jell-O (I suggest red since Lava is red), vodka, Champagne and boiling water and voilà! You got a fun Jell-O shooter that will have everyone talking.
4. Corpse Reviver No. 2- Raise the dead with this creepy tasty drink. The Corpse Reviver No. 2 is beyond a specialty drink thanks to it’s required ingredient of Absinthe. You definitely don’t want to over-do it with this one, ya’ll; but it’s a drink you gotta try at least once, and what better time than Carnival season, when anything goes? Mix with Gin, Cointreau, Lillet Blanc and lemon juice for a truly unique drink experience.
5. Hurricane- You cannot, I repeat, CANNOT enjoy Mardi Gras properly without partaking in a Hurricane. So don’t even try it, and gather up your rum and get to mixing this bad boy up. Completely New Orleans, this drink is a combo of 151, white and dark rum, grenadine (which, in my opinions makes any drink outstanding), and orange and pineapple juice. Your official Fat Tuesday cocktail, you won’t want to celebrate without this tasty drink.