Friendships can’t be measured monetarily, but I think we can all agree that getting a great deal on a perfect gift is something to celebrate! I’ve always loved getting a present comprised of several small gifts rather than one larger gift, too. Luckily, several Portland shops have lots of great options under $25. Tell your friends to forget about Santa now that you can pick up gifts for everyone you know!
1) Portland Postcard Set. Do you have a friend who is moving away or a recent high school graduate who is leaving for college? Postcards are a great and personal way to keep in touch! Instead of generic designs, the unique Portland illustrations will let the sender always keep the Rose City in her heart!
2) Woodlands Nightlight. This isn’t your average toddler nightlight! While you certainly could give it to your little princess (a life lesson on taking care of nice possessions?), it is also sophisticated enough for any adult to use as mood lighting. It’s also a great alternative for those who can’t have candles due to pets or fragrance. Let the Disney woodland animals come to life!
3) Glossed over. A red lip will always be classic. The Butter London Lippy Sheer Lip Gloss is a hit at our Portland Boutique. It’s a soft color, high shine gloss that creates a neutral lip, which looks fab paired with a bold/smokey eye look. A great stocking stuffer!
4) Square Wooden Coasters. Class up your drinks and keep your tables safe with these square wooden coasters from Toadvine Brand Co. Each set comes with four hand-carved and packaged coasters in a mix of wood finishes, including Birch, Cedar, Oak and Walnut.
5) We Belong in Portland Mug. Want to let someone know you care without breaking out the chocolate and roses? This mug from Tender Loving Empire is perfect for that special person you’ve met in the city. Fill it with coffee, candy, or even a poem – whatever makes your heart flutter!
6) Chai Tea Caramels. For your favorite barista or tea-aficionado, these gourmet chai tea caramels found at QUIN are a real palette pleaser. As they’re made locally in Oregon, they’re also a great gift to send to someone out-of-state! Show them what Portland’s unique gastronomical flair!
7) Earlybird Apron. Give someone a trip back to the 1950’s so she can bake in style! This adorable apron is feminine and fun – perfect for a mother-in-law or grandmother. Plus, maybe she will bake you some treats in return. Yum! You can find this baby at Presents of Mind!
8) A Noncommital Ring. This ring is super chic and a new piece from the Betsy & Iya Voyage collection. You know if it’s a Betsy & Iya piece, that a great deal of crafstmanship went into it. What I love the most about this ring is that it is adjustable! So if you’re not sure what size your giftee is, don’t fret! It adjusts up to two sizes up or down!
9) Funky Mutt Dog Collar. Why do humans get to have all the fun? We get to be fashionable AND receive holiday gifts. This year, treat your pup to both with this crazy collar from Bridge City Merchantile that will be sure to make him the coolest dog in the park.
10) Don’t Change! Money Pouch. Send your kids to school with fabulous style this semester with this geometric change purse you can find at Bridge City Merchantile. The inspirational message will always remind them of your love and teach them the awesomeness of puns!
11) Tumbleweed Promise Rings. I know I already mentioned this in a previous gift guide, but these Tumbleweed promise rings are just too cute not to include on this gift guide too! Coming in at $10, you can certainly afford to get more than one and stack ’em up for the ultimate ring party!
12) Art Jigsaw Puzzle. Instead of a new iPhone or Xbox game, give your niece or nephew a retro form of entertainment like this puzzle from Screaming Sky Gift & Art Shop. Not only do they build logic, but puzzles are a great way to bond in this isolated world. For a more unique idea – get your own photo made into a puzzle.
If you aren’t already excited by this gift guide, maybe the fact that each idea is from a local Portland store will spark your fancy! I totally love each of these boutiques and they have so many great gifts!