Need help packing the perfect outfit for a trip to the Oregon Coast this summer? Adorn’s got your back! Check out our latest styles that are essential for a day at the beach.
Flowy and White
- Our beautiful PPLA white blouse is currently on sale. Pair a delicate top like this with our Midrise Nico-style Hudson Jeans. We think that the best detail of this outfit is the Hudson Jeans’ frayed bottom, which adds an effortless vibe. This outfit is adorable and easy. Style it with simple Betsy + Iya jewelry and a Minnie + George leather clutch.
Bold but Breezy
- Try out our playful Ruby Yaya tunic with some classic accessories like this Minnie +George backpack and Joy Dravecky teardrop earrings we styled it with for a fun, beach day look. This tunic is long enough to cover you up completely when you head inside for a lunch date, too!
Light and Comfortable
- Stay cool and comfortable in our classy Splendid blouse and style it with a kimono that screams summer like this Prarie Underground Airstream-colored one. Lastly, pair it with Blank NYC ripped jeans and Mariella Pilato jewelry for an urban and hip look.
- This Thread & Supply Elysium Dress comes in a Smoke Rose color that is perfection. Whether headed out for a picnic in the sand with your kids or a lobster dinner for two, this dress is a must-have! Choose to keep the smoke rose color scheme going with our Quay Australia Fleur sunnies and an Urbana Natura Bracelet Set… or mix it up up and feel fun in the Sugar & Spice White Marble shades and Francesca Designs bold jewelry.
Dress up a Cover-up
- Our ASTARS Striped Tunic is an essential for a trip to the coast. The tunic cinches in at the waist using a cute tassel detail that adds personality. Wear it over a bathing suit or with some sweet jeans and look adornable. We’ve styled this look with our favorite Luscious earrings and Quay rose sunnies.
- Rock our Fidelity Denim Jacket with this Bella Dahl Sleeveless blouse for a breezy and amazing look perfect for your beach trip. After all, the blouse is “Carribean Mist” colored, which is so fitting for the beach! Tuck this blouse in and pair it with some cute shorts or a skirt. Finally, throw on your fav Quay shades and Betsy + Iya accessories to complete the outfit.
Posted in Brand Spotlight, Current Obsession, News, Portland Shopping, Style Advice, Style Corner, Styling Hub, Trending Now, Ways to Wear
Tagged #summerstyle, #summerstyling, accessories, beach vacation, Best Portland Boutique, Best Shopping Portland, Boutique in Portland, Dahlstyle, dress for summer, fashion, Fashion Blog Portland, pdx style, Portland Boutique, Portland Fashion, Portland Fashion Blog, Portland Shopping, Retail Stores Portland, shop adorn
Fremont Store Manager
How long have you been working for Adorn?
About 6 years
What inspires your personal style the most?
I love blogger “Sincerely Jules,” and “Song of Style ” blog, I also enjoy Mary Kate Olsen’s style especially for fall fashion.
What is your favorite part about working with Adorn?
Styling all of the beautiful people! Finding pieces that fit and flatter every body type. I love to see how confident people feel after a style session! It’s so rewarding.
What is your favorite brand carried by Adorn?
Hard to just pick one! My favorites include: Lacausa, Philanthropy, Velvet by Graham and Spencer, and The Odell’s.
What fashion advice do you have for this upcoming season?
Do what feels good to you! Buy pieces that “spark joy.” Go for the bold prints, subtle details, and comfort!
What is your favorite item you have ever purchased from Adorn?
Ooo..tough choice. I love my 7 for all mankind “kiki” jeans, and I also love everything that Enza Costa makes!
The sun is blazing. The streets are hot. And summer is in full swing! So your big vacation must be around the corner. How’s the packing coming?
Every year I pack my bag to the brim. And then pack two more bags to the brim. Because shoes need their own bag, right? Problem is—being loaded down like a pack mule. It just doesn’t look or feel glamorous.
Not this year though! That’s why I learned how to pack light without sacrificing style. Because it doesn’t mean not having an outfit for every occasion.
The key to packing light is a cohesive color palate. Plus a few must have accessories. Then you’ll be able to mix and match to your heart’s content.
1. Pick Clothes In the Same Color Palate
Pick one or two bold colors and let the rest be muted. Velvet by Graham and Spencer’s Cami is perfect to dress up or down. Wear it while your shopping. Or slip it on for a lunch date. Since it will keep you cool and stylish. Most noteworthy—it’s small packing size! Stay colorful with the Sanctuary Kye Straight Ankle Jean in Washed Cameo.
2. Reuse Key Items to Save Space
So instead of a pair of jeans for every shirt. Find jeans that work with every shirt! Project Social T’s Bodysuit is great for layering. So you can wear it with your Sanctuary Kye Straight Ankle Jeans, or with a Prairie Underground skirt. Layer on a with Prairie Underground linen top, and your suitcase will still has plenty of room!
3. Limit Yourself to Packing One Sundress and One Coverup
Most of all, you’ll need to pack the perfect Sanctuary sundress! And don’t forget a Ruby Yaya tunic. Because sometimes we want a cover up at the beach. You’ll need a nice pair of sandals. I found the perfect pair at Gilds, a Portland boutique. And pack a big bag for your beach days. Minnie and George have a great selection!
4. Picking Accessories That Match All Your Outfits
Finally, you need to pack accessories that work with everything. Or at least half your outfits! A small Liebeskind purse for after you arrive. A pair of comfortable heels to dress up in. And don’t forget jewelry that can go with any look! Betsy & Iya seem to have a look for everyone.
5. To Review
My color palate: blush, beige, black, and dark blue. As a result: two pairs of shoes work with every outfit. While still allowing me to be colorful and playful. I kept all of the jewelry the same tone of gold. Adding a splash of color with a rose quartz. Finally I limited myself to two bags: one big one small. Best of all it all packs into a carryon with room to spare!
Posted in Layering, Lookbook, News, Portland Shopping, Style Advice, Styling Hub, Ways to Wear, What's In Our Bag
Tagged beach vacation, just a carryon, packing light, summer looks, vacation, vacation attire, vacation packing
Whether you’re headed out for a day at Cannon beach or a night on the town, white is the ultimate summer tone. Look cool and stay cool in some of 5 of our favorite white-washed looks now available at Adorn below.
1. We’ve got the perfect date night outfit for you… Try this Cream Dot Prarie Underground tank paired with our chalk rose-colored Mauritus Leather Elya Jacket. Adorn this outfit with some of our dainty Sarah Dunn jewelry and Hudson Nico Jeans to complete the look.
2. Look fun and free-spirited in our adorable white Kirsty Hume dress. Add some Betsy + Iya jewelry like we’ve done here to create a great outfit for a sunny day.
3. This thin Callahan sweater dress is both versatile and comfortable. Rock this dress with some of our most favorite Sarah Dunn jewelry for a nice trip to the beach or for a chic happy hour look.
4. A classic and crisp white Rails button-down bicycle top with Mother high-waisted jeans and some classy jewelry, like our Gorjana bar choker is the ideal outfit for any perfect summer day in Portland. This look is completely comfortable while remaining cute and fashion-forward.
5. Lastly, check out our white Prarie Underground Linen Jacket that’s perfect for covering up while staying cool on a hot day. Think of pairing this breezy jacket with a brighter top, like the Bobeau Posy Swing Knit T-Shirt we paired with it. Finally, top off this adornable outfit with some cute Hudson jeans and jewelry and turn heads!
Posted in Current Obsession, Layering, New Arrivals, News, Portland Shopping, Style Advice, Style Corner, Styling Hub, Trending Now
Tagged Best Portland Boutique, Best Shopping Portland, Boutique in Portland, Fashion Blog Portland, Portland Boutiques, Portland Clothing Store, Portland Fashion Designers, Portland Fashion week 2011, Portland Retail blog, Retail Stores Portland
Prairie Underground is easily one of our best sellers! We love working with this brand and having their awesome styles available at our boutiques.
If you’re not familiar with them then here is what you need to know: they’re based out of Seattle and their products are all made using ethical practices and sustainable resources, such as organic cotton and reactive dye. Personally, this makes us think they’re pretty cool!
On July 15th and 16th we will be hosting a Prairie Underground Sample Sale in Portland and we couldn’t be more excited about it! Be sure to check out the Facebook Event and RSVP! More details at the bottom of this post!
While these styles will not be at the sample sale, they are currently available at our Division location!
This bright orange Crosswind Top makes a statement and pairs perfectly with a pair of black 7 For All Mankind jeans! The top is also available in black and olive!
This Broken Stripe Top has us feeling so many dessert vibes! Perfect for Summer and easily paired with our wide selection of bronze and gold jewelry.
This Solo Top is so comfortable and has the perfect relaxed fit for warm weather. And it’s easily dressed up with layered jewelry!
Catch us at the North Warehouse on Saturday, July 15th, and Sunday, July 16th, for the Sample Sale!
723 North Tillamook Street, Portland OR
The sale will go from 10:00am to 4:00pm both days. Try to make it both days because we’ll be getting new pieces on Sunday! Get ready for some awesome styles available for 50-80% off retail price!
Summer is finally here! And with it comes all of the big summer plans. It seems like Fourth of July came out of nowhere this year. So if you’re like us, chances are you’re still trying to figure out how you should adorn yourself this coming Tuesday.
Whether you’re celebrating at a family BBQ, heading down to the beach or to a river: We’ve got a look that will keep you stylish, cool and ready to say Happy Birthday to America.
If you’re looking to wear the perfect summer dress to the first big event of the season try the Sanctuary Sandrine Dress. Throw on a pair of blue, Quay Australia Muse sunglasses. Pair with Calou High Heel Clogs in red for a flirty look that will keep you cool in the hot summer sun.
The comfort of viscose jersey stretch with the sleekness of a Lillia P. dress. All of which can be found in their Ruched Navy Blue Skirt Tank Dress. Play with the family or lounge with your friends. Keep it simple with a silver Jenny Bird Sloane Collar Necklace. Add color with a mix of red and white Gorjana Power Gemstone Beaded Bracelets. And throw on a pair of Soludos leather Braided Side Sandals on the complete the look.
This outfit will allow you to go from casual to sophisticated. With its simple white Michael Stars button up tank top and Kensie Stretch Crepe Blazer in navy blue. Paired with 7 For All Mankind Blue Denim Shorts. To complete this patriotic color pallet, grab the red wine Minnie + George satchel.
To keep cool and classy this Fourth of July try the Bailey 44 Falafel Top in Ivory Crème. Pair with AG Jean’s The Caden cropped, tailored trousers, and Dr. Scholl’s Port Sandal in Greige. Dress this look up with a Gorjana Tulum Adjustable Necklace in navy blue and a gold cuff.
Posted in Latest And Greatest, News, Portland Shopping, Style Advice, Style Corner, Styling Hub, Trending Now, Ways to Wear, What's In Our Bag
Tagged AG Jeans, Casual to sophisticated, Fourth of July, From Day to Night, gorjana, independence day, michael stars, Portland Boutique, sanctuary, Stay cool, Style Tips, What to Wear